Wednesday, June 21, 2017

How I Got Over My Fear of Dogs

It really took turning 40 for me to be motivated about getting over my fear of dogs. Now that I have two dogs, I can say that fear of getting hurt was a big part. When I first got my maltipoo, strange but it helped me, I felt the need to cover so I wouldn't get bitten. So I wore rain boots. It just helped me feel like I was protected. As I got to know Sophy I knew she didn't bite but was just excited to see me when I walked in. She quickly learned that I wanted her to sit before I could pet her. So now the moment she wants me to pet her she will sit. We got our second dog, about three months after Sophy. We named her Emma. She is a sweet senior dog!!! Both dogs were from the shelter, and I could tell that Emma was probably spoiled at one point and stayed near her owners on the bed or wherever. I knew she wanted to be cuddled. I wasn't comfortable with just cuddling her with bare hands. So I take a towel or a blanket to wrap her in.

What visitors can do

A post shared by sophyandemma (@sophyandemma) on


We kind of chill all day #dogs #pets

A post shared by sophyandemma (@sophyandemma) on