Monday, August 01, 2016

Propagating Herbs: Mint

I can't wait to add to my collection of herbs but for now I have mint and rue. My boys and I are working on propagating mint from cuttings and waiting for them to develop roots to plant. Not sure why I decided almost two weeks ago to just try one stem, but I should have done more. However, that one was ready to be planted in soil (I hope) today. We cut more today and hopefully in 2 weeks time they will be ready. I did not take photos of the roots, but in a future post (2 weeks), I will take a picture of them.
It only took two weeks for new roots to develop after we cut this one:

#mint cutting

A photo posted by aandar2014 (@aandar2014) on


These photos are from cuttings today.

Cutting more #mint

A photo posted by aandar2014 (@aandar2014) on


#mint #cutting

A photo posted by aandar2014 (@aandar2014) on


I will update in two weeks!!!