Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Summer Writing Activities

When I teach, my students write EVERYDAY. Yes, everyday! They write everyday for atleast 20 minutes. The acceleration is phenomenal (that will be a  different post). With my soon to be 3rd grader, I do expect that he write everyday, too. Now, with me as the teacher for the summer, it doesn't always work out as easily as my 20 or so students. Imagine that! I really have moments where I think sending him to a tutor this summer might be easier. But I also think that if I can do this with 20 or more students, I can do this with 2 kiddos in the summer. So when all else fails, I transcribe and he traces. He texts/types better than he manually writes. So he will most likely be emailing several friends this summer. Here are some examples of his summer writing.

A photo posted by aandar2014 (@aandar2014) on


A photo posted by aandar2014 (@aandar2014) on




Hope that helps with the writing tips!