Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Friendships

When I moved to the USA at the age of 7, I have always remembered my "first" set of friends back "home". When you are a mom of a child on the spectrum, there is nothing more you want than for your child to have THAT friend. That friend you could think think of later as your "childhood friend". That friend  whose memories will only be of pure fun and joy! So this summer, as my boys are 5 and 8, there is nothing more I want than for them to have those moments with their friends. Here are some photos from our first week of summer.

A photo posted by aandar2014 (@aandar2014) on



A photo posted by aandar2014 (@aandar2014) on



From reading various books about friendships and raising children on the spectrum, there is definitely research out there that kids should be spending time playing with their peers and be exposed to atleast 3 to 4 friends their age regularly.