Friday, August 03, 2007

Do you like it when you get unsolicited advice?

I DON'T
repeat
I DON'T I DON'T I DON'T I DON'T I DON'T I DON'T
and ill ask if i want your advice! argh

this is a repost from the past but why do people give advice when you don't ask?

Much Less Helpful Motives for Unsolicited Advice:
Establishment of Dominance: Some advice-givers would like to take the role of ‘more knowledgeable person’ in the relationship dynamic, and giving advice puts them in that position.
Passing Judgment: Sometimes when people have seen something in you that they don’t like, they give unsolicited advice as a way to change it. This advice can often feel like an insult more than a genuine attempt to help.
Desire for Drama: Believe it or not, some people love conflict, love hearing themselves argue, and get a feeling of personal power from telling others how wrong they are. Such people, consciously or unconsciously, tend to give lots of advice as a way of bringing up topics to debate.


from
http://stress.about.com/od/relationships/a/types_of_advice.htm